Hey! With fine hair (as I am sure you know), it’s more beneficial to use lighter products, (such as those with water as the first ingredient) since heavier products will weigh the hair down products:
- The SheaMoisture Yucca & Baobab line is designed specifically for women with fine hair, and can be found at any drugstore in department stores like Target or Walmart.
- Giovanni Leave-In Weightless Moisture Conditioner
- Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture conditioner
- Oils: organic coconut oil (good for all textures), Jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, sweet almond oil, extra virgin olive oil
- And also incorporating protein treatments! Fine hair is more prone to breakage than coarse hair because it only has two layers (cortex & cuticle), and coarse hair has three (cortex, cuticle & medulla). was told by a a friend with fine natural hair that the Apoghee system was effective. There is also the Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner which is a protein conditioner! You can also look into DIY and incorporating eggs, or greek yogurt for a protein boost when deep conditioning.
Does anyone else here have any suggestions? :-) If so, leave them below!